Thursday, January 19, 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to J&J's Rabbitry Blog!
If you look at the introduction to the right of the home page, you'll see that my name is Joanna, and I co-own J&J's Rabbitry. I raise Jersey Woolies and Mini Lops and my brother raises Mini Satins. I'll start by briefly introducing our resident rabbits.

Truffles
Senior Chocolate Mini Lop Buck
Our herd patriarch, Truffles is as sweet as chocolate. However, he can be a bit high-strung when it comes to nail trims. Every rabbit has its quirks. *insert eye roll here*

Newt
Senior Broken Smoke Pearl Mini Lop Doe
I know I'm not supposed to have favorites... But I can't help it. Newt is simply way too smart, curious, adorable, and sweet to not be anyone's favorite. She will literally come up to the cage just to get kisses and her head scratched. Newt is my top show rabbit. She pulled Best of Breed and Reserve Grand Champion, and that was just as an adolescent. Now that she's a mature doe, I have high hopes for her.

Smokey
Senior Black Otter Jersey Wooly Buck
Every herd has to have that one dramatic rabbit that enhances your sense of humor and patience simultaneously with the diva-esque antics, right? Right. Smokey honestly believes that no one is good enough to pick him up, that he's already so beautiful he doesn't need to be groomed, and that since he wants to be a Mini Lop, he can stubbornly pose like one no matter what I have to say about the matter. He's also disturbingly in love with Truffles, his next door neighbor.

Clover
Senior Ruby Eyed White Mini Lop Doe
To be completely honest, Clover has a similar personality to that of a stubborn doorknob. Unless you have food. Then she's a conniving piranha pretending to love you until she gets the food. Then it's the cold shoulder again. Got to love her spice.

***Please note that none of my rabbits are in any way even slightly aggressive. If they were, they would be removed from my program. They are simply true rabbits: predators, and some act more like predators than pets at times.***

So, that's all I have for today.
Keep Hopping!
-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment